Office of University Compliance & Integrity
The Office of University Compliance & Integrity is responsible for coordinating and supporting a system wide approach to promote a culture of ethical and compliant behavior by providing effective tools, resources and guidance that supports our commitment to comply with applicable laws, regulations and FIU’s policies so that public trust is maintained.
Compliance & Ethics:
Compliance at FIU begins with each of us! The Office of University Compliance & Integrity is here to help you do the right thing. By promoting a culture that encourages ethical conduct and by demonstrating a commitment to compliance with laws, we help advance FIU’s vision as a leading urban public research university focused on student learning, innovation and collaboration. Below are a few resources that our office provides:
- Education and training on compliance-related topics
- Assistance with developing university-wide policies
- Help you understand the policy development process
- Explain your responsibilities and obligations as a public employee
- Clarify or interpret University policies, procedures or regulations
You can contribute by asking questions or raising concerns if you see something that you think may not be right. Speak with your immediate supervisor, instructor, or adviser first, or click on the Compliance Directory to identify compliance personnel for your areas of concern. Remember, by helping to identify problems early, you not only keep them from getting bigger, you also help advance the compliance initiative and solidify its foundation.
Make your commitment to our institutional values and the Compliance and Ethics Program at FIU today. It’s the right thing to do!
The Office of University Compliance & Integrity maintains, fortifies, and continuously improves upon, the Florida International University Compliance and Ethics Program in support of the University’s academic, research, and community service activities.
The goals of the Compliance and Ethics Program are:
- To facilitate system-wide compliance with applicable laws, regulations and policies.
- To proactively promote a culture that encourages ethical conduct and a commitment to compliance with laws.
- To identify, and mitigate significant risks.
- To manage reporting mechanisms which allow employees to report suspected violations of FIU policies or regulatory obligations.
- To support transparency by reporting high priority and sensitive compliance matters to Senior Leadership and Board of Trustees.